The function of The Association of Short Term Lenders is to protect and promote the interests of its members and to give confidence to all parties who transact business with them. Our members abide by a strict code of conduct; they are typically bridging and secured loan companies who provide loans and mortgages for short terms usually of between six months and one year.
The ASTL’s offices are open 5 days a week. Personal visits are strictly by appointment.
The ASTL cannot arrange a loan or a mortgage nor can we advise you on credit or insurance facilities or financial products. If you are a member of the public, or a business seeking credit looking for any of these products we suggest you seek assistance and advice from an independent financial adviser.
The Association of Short Term Lenders (ASTL) is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. It is registered in England Number: 6532248 The registered office of the Company is York House Empire Way Wembley Middlesex HA9 0FQ
Condition of membership of The ASTL is that members abide by a strict code of conduct and the following value charter, under which members should:
- act in a professional manner, with honesty and integrity in their dealings with customers
- disclose all costs and fees up front, with no small print or misrepresentation of product offerings
- not charge non refundable fees which could be perceived as being excessive
- not issue terms nor charge fees where they do not expect to lend
- follow up customer complaints in a professional and speedy manner
- abide by the rules imposed by relevant regulatoryauthorities, trade bodies and the astl
Time and tide stands still for no-one
According to the story related by Henry of Huntingdon, King...
Latest figures (QE September 2015)
The Association of Short Term Lenders’ latest quarterly...
“Bridging” or “Short Term Loan” – What’s in a name?
There is an argument raging at the moment as...
Time and tide stands still for no-one According to the story related by Henry of Huntingdon, King...
Latest figures (QE September 2015) The Association of Short Term Lenders’ latest quarterly...
“Bridging” or “Short Term Loan” – What’s in a name? There is an argument raging at the moment as...
The ASTL requires its members to support its objectives, and to comply with all of the association's laws and regulations, and its own code of conduct.